Eduwis program integrates all subjects into a theme at a time.
These themes chosen are believed to be more familiar to children. Under these themes, there are many sub-themes which provide children with robust knowledge about themselves and things around them.
In Eduwis program, there are more than 1,500 learning activities (e.g. poems, action songs, hands-on activities, observations, etc.) to enhance children’s learning. Children can have easier understand and more efficient through discovery learning than reading and writing only.
Research has found out that learning activities can enhance children’s social interaction and sharing skills. During the learning activities, children learn to discuss and compromise with teacher and peers. Eventually, they are able to learn how to share their learning outcomes with others. In Eduwis, we concern more on children’s learning process than learning progress. Furthermore, doing learning activities can stimulate children’s physical development. When children manipulate the learning materials, they use a lot of gross and fine motor skills, as well as learning to balance their eye-hand coordination.
Example Of Thematic Integrated Learning Activities
- Involve a group of correlated learning activities that are designed around themes and cross several areas of the curriculum.
- Provide an environment that foster and encourage process learning and active involvement of all children.
- Based on children’s interests, needs and prior knowledge by focusing on the themes which are relevant to their lives.
- Provide one of the best vehicles for integrating content areas in a way that makes sense to children’s learning.
- Help children to make connection of their learning and the way to transfer knowledge that they have learnt and able to apply it in a meaningful way.